What is Success?
Today, I was listening to Bob Proctor and he quoted Earl Nightingale.
Success is the Progressive Realization of a Worthy Goal
If a man is working toward a predetermined goal, and knows where he is going…that man is a success! If he is not doing that – he’s a failure.
(Ladies – let’s not get wrapped up in semantics. The recording was created back in 1956. When I hear the word “man”, I actually visualize a person not a man. In this case, we can take the word “man” as just a general term for person…you know 🙂 Even the commentator for the video is a woman. It’s my impression, that Earl was pro-people and respected women. Go to 7:18 and listen to what he says about successful woman. Very nice!)
I wanted to share both videos with you. Below is my favorite Law of Attraction guru: Bob Proctor on finding your purpose in life. This is the video where he quotes Earl.
Thank you Bob & Earl! To this day, you are an inspiration!
Some other great quotes from the Earl Nightingale recording:
- The opposite of courage is conformity.
- That’s the reason they do it…cause everyone else is doing it.
- Instead of competing all we have to do is create.
- Key to success and they key to failure: WE BECOME WHAT WE THINK ABOUT.
- If you think in positive terms, you will achieve positive results.
- Three words: BELIEVE AND SUCCEED.
- I’ll tell you who successful people are…
- A success is the school teacher who is teaching school because that’s what she wanted to do!
- The success is the woman who is the wife and mother because she wanted to become a wife and mother and is doing a good job of it!
- The man who runs the corner gas station because that’s what he wanted to do!
Here’s to your success – my friends 🙂